Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Adorn Yourself in Jewels

I imagine myself in a tiny shop in Turkey, Morocco, Pakistan or India surrounded by beautiful antique jewelry handmade by specialized crafters that have been following the art of jewelry making for generations.  I see traces of extraordinary Arab and Mughal designs in necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  Jewels embedded in the arches and curves signify a specific period in time; one that we all still embrace.  I personally love jewelry and jewelry design from the Mughal era and think it is style that is timeless and reflects glamour.  Pairing them with Pakistani attire adds that old world charm from back home. 
The designer I am featuring makes all the jewelry by hand and is based in Turkey.  She sells all of her pieces on etsy and I find myself going back very so often looking for more stunning pieces.  Below are some pieces I love and can guarantee you will love too. Enjoy! (click on the links below the images to purchase)







No comments:

Post a Comment